Current version written and posted 21st May 2018
We totally respect your personal information and will only ask for you for what information we really need from you. We will look after in the same way we would want ours looking after, keeping it secure! We will only share it with others where we need their help for us to deliver our service to you (such as our professional printing laboratory who may need your name and address to pose your purchase). Be assured that we will never share your information in any other circumstances – nor will we sell it on elsewhere!
Here are more details
We are registered with the Information Commissioners Office and If you would like to get in touch about anything in this policy or about your personal data then please contact Claire Osborne our Data Protection Officer at email@example.com
1. What data do we collect? The Data we collect As a data controller we collect a variety of data in order to deliver our services, and we will manage your personal data transparently, fairly and securely. We may ask you to provide us the following data –
First and Last Name / Address / Postcode, Telephone Number(s) / Email / Names and Dates of Birth of any children
We will also record a date of birth for all persons we photography under the age of 13 and require the parent or a legal guardian to consent to photography. Obviously being a photographic business we also create and manage images as per our contractual agreement(s).
We use the above data to contact you when your images are done and to post your images and products which meet the GDPR legal requirements and Personalise your experience.We collect this data on the following lawful basis To arrange or fulfil a Contract. When you visit our website we also collect Cookies. These are small pieces of data that websites send to a user’s computer and are stored on the user’s web browser. They are designed to enable the website to remember information, such as what a user might have put in a shopping cart for example. This helps us Deliver our service to you, and streamlines our service.
2. Which third parties do we share Personal Data with? We share personal data with the following third parties: Studio Ninja, Gmail, Paypal, WordPress Website Hosting company, Pixieset Image Hosting Service. Data is transferred outside of the European Economic Area to United States under the protection of EU/US Privacy Shield. Data is transferred outside of the European Economic Area to United States under the protection of EU/US Privacy Shield, XYZ Accountancy – There are also certain situations in which we may share access to your personal data without your explicit consent; for example, if required by law, to protect the life of an individual, or to comply with any valid legal process, government request, rule or regulation.
3. Why do we share your Personal Data with the above? We share your data in order to store and manage your images and use email services. We may transfer personal data to a country outside of the European Economic Area (EEA) if necessary eg if a third party we utilise could have servers located outside of the EEA. If this is the case, we will either obtain your consent or otherwise ensure that the transfer is legal and your data is secure by following the EU’s guidelines. You can see above where we send data outside of the EEA and on what basis we do so.
4. How do we keep your personal data secure? We keep your data secure by following internal policies of best practice and training for staff, Encryption, By using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology when information is submitted to us online. In the unlikely event of a criminal breach of our security we will inform the relevant regulatory body within 72 hours and, if your personal data were involved in the breach, we will also inform you.
6. You have the following rights – the right to be informed about the collection and use of your personal data – the right of access to your personal data and any supplementary information
– the right to have any errors in your personal data rectified
– the right to have your personal data erased
– the right to block or suppressing the processing of your personal data
– the right to move, copy or transfer your personal data from one IT environment to another
– the right to object to processing of your personal data in certain circumstances, and
– rights related to automated decision-making (i.e. where no humans are involved) and profiling (i.e. where certain personal data is processed to evaluate an individual). We also give you the option to manage your data via: Email
7. How long do we hold your data for? While we do not hold personal data any longer than we need to. The duration will depend on your relationship with us, and whether it is ongoing. We may keep some of your personal data for up to 7 years after our working contract with you has finished for Tax legislation purposes After this time we will archive your photographs indefinitely along with your relevant details and consent forms.
This is due to requests for replacement images being made several years after being taken.